This 8-hour hands-on course is designed to provide the "how-to" of emergency care for the burn patient through the first 24 hour critical time period. Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussion. An opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center will be provided. Testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment.
Time: 8am - 4pm
- Evaluate a patient with a serious burn
- Define the magnitude and severity of the injury
- Identify and establish priorities of treatment
- Manage the airway and support ventilation
- Initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation
- Apply correct methods of physiological monitoring
- Determine designation for transfer to a burn center
- Organize and conduct inter-hospital transfer
For more information on upcoming course, please contact Connie Cincotta-Kraft at email@example.com.